Friday, August 5, 2016

sweet sweet repose

“When’s the best time to have kids?”
“When they’re asleep!” someone once quipped.


The tongue in cheek here is not lost on young parents. The daily din and hubbub with little ones is constant and we parents need a break as much as they do.


But there is something deeper in that hushed pause, something transcendent even, something deeply poetic --





Your little body
     sprawled 
spent soft

   lips
laced with pleasure

your
undulating breath allows
   me
finally
to breathe
  luxurious
in leisure you
lay
   angled
in repose

you
   soften
my gaze
you hush me
   still
me
fill me
with

   wonder
fill me
  not
 with the love that trickles in but
with the love that spills
    out
you let me

      pause
gaze

gazing is not looking 
it is not finding or seeking
it is seeing
is believing
is simply
    being
still

a separate
    peace
capacious space
expanding     enveloping
    a
moment

  in time

       suspended


the time is now

No comments:

Post a Comment